Welcome to Our Website!
With over 15 years experience of dealing with infection control ProSani has been developed to respond to the growing needs for improving departmental hygiene and infection control.
The status quo has failed many organisations and to counter this we have brought together a team of professionals to produce outstanding products and services and we offer these at low cost to meet the on-going needs in both the clinical and commercial environments.
Through years of R&D we have carefully developed products and services that are optimum for the users needs. Our range of Alcohol 70 hand gel and Aloe Vera hand wash have been specifically developed and perfected in conjunction with the cosmetics industry to provide products that are of exceptional quality and value.
We provide an integrated solution. Our R&D identified that products in itself are not the solution to improving infection control and hygiene, but the key to success is a combination of products and services. The integration of services such as Infection Control Awareness Campaigns, Infection Control Courses, Infection Control Consultancy and trained cleaning staff provides the
comprehensive nature of the service we offer. We provide a comprehensive service capability in the field of hygiene and infection control. We provide the following services:
Our Products and Services can be used to help improve
departmental hygiene & infection control in numerous industries/organisations these include:
- Private Hospitals/Clinics
- Nursing/Care Homes
- GP practices
- Dental Practices
- Commercial office buildings
- Communal toilets/restrooms
- Restaurant/fast food chains/cafe
- Hotels/ Bars/Clubs
- Shopping malls
- Gyms/Leisure Centres
- Ministry of Defence
- Government Organisations
Improving the level of hygiene and reducing the risk of infection is a great way to reduce high costs that can be attributed to absenteeism, increased treatment costs, low working morale and the loss of brand value.
The cost of providing good infection control and hygiene is relatively low and savings made far exceed these costs.
At ProSani we consider cost effectiveness as an important measure for all our products and services. Our aim is to benefit your organisation by reducing the direct and indirect infection related costs and by helping organisations & businesses provide a healthier environment.
Most of our customers are positively surprised by the massive savings achieved through better infection control.
Things you must know about Infection control
- It is the responsibility of all workers to minimise the potential risks of others acquiring an infection in any setting and especially in a care setting.
- It is also the responsibility of managers of companies or institutions to ensure a risk free and hygienic environment.
- It is a requirement that employers should provide information, instructions and training on food hygiene and infection control in the workplace.
- Viruses such as the influenza virus can be passed on by direct contact with an infected person, e.g. by kissing or if you shake or hold their hand and then
touch your own MOUTH, EYES, or NOSE without first washing your hands properly or using an effective hand sanitizer such as the ProSani Alcohol 70.
- Influenza virus can survive for some time in the environment:
- Hard Surfaces- survive for around 24hrs
- Soft Furnishings (Clothes, seat cushions, curtains)- Survive for around 15mins
- On this basis it may be possible to catch the virus by touching objects (e.g. door handles, light switches) that have previously been touched by an infected person
then touching your own MOUTH, EYES or NOSE without first washing your hands properly or using an effective hand sanitizer such as the ProSani Alcohol 70.
- Research in 2002 by Arizona University had proven that there can be up to 400 times more bacteria on an average work station then on a toilet seat and that 60%
of time off work illnesses are contracted from dirty office equipment, usually due to eating lunches at desks and poor personal hygiene.
- A controlled study of 200 workers at FedEx in 2004 showed that placing hand sanitizer dispensers in an office and educating workers about their use resulted in a
21% reduction in absenteeism.
- It is estimated that Healthcare Associated Infections (HCAI ) cost the NHS in Excess of £1 Billion per year. HCAI can be linked to the cause of 5000 deaths per
year. It is estimated that 1 in 10 people receiving care tend to acquire HCAI whilst in Hospital. Research has further clearly identified that 30% of all HCAI is preventable through good infection control practices.
Simple steps to make a big difference:
- Consider providing hand cleansers/sanitizers possibly at desk stations, entrances to rooms or at appropriate sites etc.
- Ensure regular cleaning of hard surfaces, particularly door handles. Additionally detergent and warm water or detergent wipes should be used. Cleaning should
be undertaken as frequently as practically possible and whenever there is risk of the spread of infection. For certain infections such as C-Diff, MRSA more
advanced cleaning techniques should be used.
- Provide adequate hygiene & infection control training. Preferably use a non internet based training method so that your staff can have any queries answered and
can relate the learning directly with the department.
- Try to reduce the risks before they occur. Encourage better awareness of hygiene & infection control by organising regular awareness campaigns within your
department. Consider having your department inspected by a confidential and independent consultancy service such as ProSani Consultancy. Find out your
current departments areas of infection risk and solutions to resolve these risks.